Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Incident Response Database

From: John Green <j.green () ukerna ac uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:14:42 +0000

Russell Fulton wrote:
I seem to remember they called the extended version IRT.  Dam! I can't
find the article in the proceedings.  From memory work was done by Best
Practice and commissioned by DFN CERT, the intention was to release code
under the same terms as RT.

It was called RTIR, and was mentioned yesterday in this thread. It is really just an API extension which sits on top of standard RT.

The development was carried out by BestPractical and funded by JANET-CERT. It has been released under the GPL. It is pretty much designed to meet our specific needs, but RT is pretty easy to modify, and the core functionality is there to build on. That said, a number of other teams seem to be using it, as is, without complaint.

http://bestpractical.com/rtir/

Regards
John Green
JANET-CERT

Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
wireless security

Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
ownership.

Download your free trial at http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_incidents_040301