Security Incidents mailing list archives

strange SMTP DoS traffic from Korea

From: Damian Menscher <menscher () uiuc edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 21:43:52 -0600 (CST)

I tried posting this four months ago, but the moderator blocked it due
to it not being a fast enough attack to constitute a DoS.  We were never
able to track it down, and I just firewalled it off for four months.  I
just removed the firewall, and the attack traffic came back almost
immediately.  I'd really appreciate it if anyone had ideas on what is
happening here.

Damian