Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: (Moderator Note) Re: Anyome else seeing a rise in Mydoom Virusesover email?

From: "O'Brien Sean" <o'brien_sean () bah com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:51:54 -0500

Is this virus using a hardcoded IP, or is it running a DNS lookup? I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the analyses I've read. I suppose SCO could always null route www.sco.com if it is doing lookups. Of course this won't help availability, just their bandwidth bill.

Cavey, Jean-Luc wrote:

The site of SCO his not pingable since hours.

I assume that they are in the process to change their IP address as White
House did with CodeRed 1

Jean-Luc Cavey
France