Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: flood of SYN packets to port 110

From: "Moody, Chris" <cmoody () qualcomm com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:57:41 -0800

What is your company's sec-policy on events such as this?  I know that
my employer "blackholes" (aka "set port disable x/y") any systems
suspected of having a virus/trojan/intruder.

I personally would knock their cable modem down and give them a call to
talk to a local site admin for the system(s).

Cheers,
~Chris

My opinions are my own.