Security Incidents mailing list archives

Timed http requests hitting metacritic.com?

From: Jason Parsons <jparsons3 () mac com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:51:42 -0500

Incidents,

I have noticed many hosts sending HTTP get requests to metacritic.com
of the form:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: metacritic.com

The traffic seems to recur exactly every 4 minutes, and there is no
user-agent set.  This makes me suspicious.  Unfortunately, I haven't
been able to get access to any of the hosts sending this traffic to
check on them.  Is anyone else seeing this traffic?  I'm wondering if
this is some new worm, or just a broken application.

The IP that these packets are going to is 64.74.172.162.

Thanks.
  - Jason Parsons