Security Incidents mailing list archives

Yet another Visa scam scheme

From: <peter.huang () ossecurity ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:30:29 -0500

I read that US Federal Government a set up email alert system trying to send
out cyber alerts. Like others, I am wondering how effective this could be.

In today's faked e-world, everything can be forged. Someone might fake cyber
alerts and try to lure others to click on buttons or run attachments. Today,
I received the following phishing email. I checked the link out and checked
the page asking for PIN, Visa Number. It looks so real.

Peter Huang
OSsurance Blocks Any New Win32 Program like W32.MyDoom From Running
http://www.ossecurity.ca/

========================= Beginning of Original Email ===============
BODY {
        FONT-SIZE: 12px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
}
TD {