Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSH anomaly

From: Honza Vlach <janus () volny cz>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:57:29 +0100

Hello,
I have experienced the same behaviour with latest openssh
(3.7.1p2) once too. It was after a month or so of uptime. I logged in
correctly, it even showed me the motd and that I have no new mail and
dropped me back to my local console. I have checked the whole system,
including md5 sums, but nothing has indicated a compromised host. Reboot solved
it. It may be some very rare bug occuring under strange circumstances or
something, I supose. The distribution was
Slackware 8.0, updated by hand from source since then.

Just to let you know, that I would love to hear the cause too ;)
Have a nice day,
Honza Vlach