Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Increase seen in port probes since Tuesday afternoon

From: "Michael" <mcwright () dbls com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:09:11 -0500

We're seeing it too and believe it is part of the Gaobot/Agobot family.
We're getting concentrated scans from multiple hosts in the same Class "B"
subnet we're in.

On web servers we're seeing log entries such as the following, which isn't
new to the Gaobot/Agobot family:

ex041226.log:2004-12-26 05:07:10 12.33.103.174 - [snip] 80 POST
/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/fp30reg.dll - 500 -

That's a frontpage dll from a vulnerability dating back to 11/03.

With an IDS we get alerts for both 'WebDAV Search Access' and
'Chunked-Encoding transfer attempts.'

Some good links for further information are:

http://lists.sans.org/pipermail/list/2004-December/087846.html
http://www.lurhq.com/phatbot.html
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.gaobot.gen.
html