Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: PHP injection attempt from 200.222.244.154

From: Barrie Dempster <barrie () reboot-robot net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:24:09 +0000

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 00:00 +0000, Jez Hancock wrote:
<snip>
I'd thought about doing something similar to KEM Hosting's script
above regarding turning tables or automating in some how an abuse
complaint procedure.  For a while I started to notify the owners of
domains that were hosting the injection scripts that they possibly had
a problem, but this got tedious quite quickly.  Automating the
procedure by intercepting the requests for bad URIs and redirecting
them to a script that drafts together an abuse report might be
interesting and save some time though.

I'm not a real fan of automated action against intruders, it's often too
easy to abuse it for nefarious purposes.

However you might want to look at mod_security
( http://www.modsecurity.org/ ) as a possible product to achieve your
purpose, it's designed to do exactly what you want and a bit more.
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

  http://www.bsrf.org.uk

[ gpg --recv-keys --keyserver www.keyserver.net 0x96025FD0 ]