Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: [incidents] SSH scans...

From: Tim Kennedy <tim () timkennedy net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:31:40 +0000

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Dejan Markovic wrote:

Hi Guys,

Don't know whether this is the right list, but need to ask if others have
the same entries in their logs for the past number of months. Let me take a
{snip}

account/password    from 210.245.168.28: 1 Time(s)
{snip}
wwwrun/password    from 210.245.168.28: 1 Time(s)

Hi Dan,

I've been getting a lot of the same scans.  So far, no actual entry has
been gained, but I get scanned a couple times a day.

-Tim

--
Tim Kennedy                     ||      There are 10 types of people on Earth.
http://public.xdi.org/=tck      ||      Those who understand binary,