Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: block all popups [google knockoff]

From: Jose Maria Lopez <jkerouac () eresmas com>
Date: 28 Aug 2004 18:59:03 +0200

El mié, 25 de 08 de 2004 a las 03:49, Jeremy Heslop escribió:
Not sure who this should go to, but I received an email the other day
and it is advertising the google toolbar. It installs a toolbar, but not
googles. Looks sketchy to me and similar to other phishing attempts. URL
to valuebar_setup.exe was in email.

Jeremy

Html email here:  http://footon.jheslop.com/block%20all%20popups.html
txt email here: http://footon.jheslop.com/block%20all%20popups.txt

Check the email with a good antivirus that can detect spyware and
things like that. The one from HBED+V (Antivir) can do it and it's
quite useful.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC