Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: log message

From: Jamie Pratt <jamie () nucdc org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:41:36 -0400

Hi,

Is this the "fam" you are running?:
fam-server -
file alternation monitoring daemon
fam is a file alternation monitoring service. That means that you can
receive signals, if files are created or changed.
This package provides the fam daemon with runlevel scripts.

If so, something ('fam-client' maybe?) is trying to connect to the fam server, and is being refused for whatever reason...

If you aren't using the fam server, just turn it off via redhat's chkconfig util - end of problem ;-)

regards,
jamie

Maccy wrote:

I'm seeing a lot of messages like the one below on one of my RHL 7.3
systems, can anybody enlighten me as to what this might mean?

I have googled and asked around, to no effect.

Apr 21 09:03:46 altair fam[1699]: connect: Connection refused
Apr 21 09:20:50 altair fam[1699]: connect: Connection refused
Apr 21 09:37:54 altair fam[1699]: connect: Connection refused
Apr 21 09:54:58 altair fam[1699]: connect: Connection refused

Many thanks

Maccy