Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Possible variant of Blaster/Nachi/Welchia? (more)

From: "Jean-Luc Cavey" <Jean-Luc () Cavey org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:46:09 +0200

---- Original Message ----
From: "Joe Stewart" <jstewart () lurhq com>
To: "Bassett, Mark" <mbassett () omaha com>; "Jean-Luc Cavey"
<Jean-Luc () Cavey org>; "Jeff Kell" <jeff-kell () utc edu>; "Steven D.
Smith" <sds07 () health state ny us> Cc: "Incidents"
<incidents () securityfocus com>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: Possible variant of Blaster/Nachi/Welchia? (more)

On Friday 26 September 2003 04:53 pm, Bassett, Mark wrote:
Yes, there is reportedly a new sobig.g that originated in china.

I'm interested to know where this was reported. There have been some
Sobig.f stragglers who have their date set incorrectly and are still
attempting to spread, but I have seen no evidence that there is a new
Sobig variant at this time.

I've googled abt a G variant. There is assumptions and expectations but no report.

Sobig-G was expected to be in the wild on Sept. 11 (from several google sources).

IMHO, something goes wrong in the World if the virus authors don't care to provide their updates in time...

;:-)

Jean-Luc Cavey
Paris, France
E-Mail : Jean-Luc () Cavey org

La presence de ce texte prouve que ce message
electronique a ete verifie par un logiciel anti-virus
à jour au moment de l'envoi.

The presence of this text proves that this e-mail
has been verified by an up-to-date anti-virus
software at the time of the sending.