Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Need help to find web server attacks signature

From: Fatih Özavcı <holden () siyahsapka com>
Date: 23 Oct 2003 11:38:19 +0000

Maybe attacker used a cgi scanner like whisker or nikto. This log
contains some whell-known vulnerable cgi's, misconfigured admin pages
and vulnerable php applications.

I don't think it's Retina. Retina can scan only some whell-known
vulnerabilities or buffer overflows and focused windows applications.
But i found some cgi applications for *nix in this log. I think it's a
cgi scanner.

--
Fatih Ozavci
IT Security Consultant