Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: tcp/1274 scans

From: "Bojan Zdrnja" <Bojan.Zdrnja () LSS hr>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 22:37:07 +1200

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Cheek [mailto:aaron_cheek () yahoo com]
Sent: Friday, 16 May 2003 11:44 a.m.
To: incidents () securityfocus com
Subject: tcp/1274 scans

Hi again.

Thanks for your hints about port tcp/554 and the Real
Server vulnerability.

Now I'm trying to find some info about tcp/1274, which
according to IANA is t1distproc. Unfortunately I have
not been able to find any info about t1distproc or the
reason for those scans.

TCP port 1274 should be used by Pulpit backdoor. It's a simple trojan which
installs listener on TCP ports 1272, 1274 and 1276. After that an remote
intruder has simple controls over infected system.
This could be related to your scans.

I didn't find info about this trojan on usual anti-virus sites, but you can
see something at the following URL:

http://www.ultrasoftware.net/viruslist/descr.asp?id=101

Best regards,

Bojan Zdrnja