Security Incidents mailing list archives

Healthcare Incidents: SUMMARY

From: "Paul Farley" <Paul.Farley () EventLevel com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 18:01:46 -0400

Here is a summary of the responses I received.

A trojan that compromised a small hospital's payroll system
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/webguide/internetlife/2003-04-07-hospital-hack_
x.htm

Here's an article about exposed databases at Drexel Univ. College of
Medicine
http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,57897,00.html

Disaster at a high-tech hospital and the BCP implications:
http://www.cio.com/archive/021503/systems.html

Theft of military health records:
http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=11756&archive=true

Example breaches in HealthCare:
http://www.practisure.com/breaches.html

I also received several emails bemoaning the fact that the executives where
they work don't get it either.

Finally there was a suggestion that the newsgroup comp.risks has some good
information on this topic.

Thank you to all who responded.

Regards,

Paul J. Farley Jr.
GCIA, CISSP, RHCE
EventLevel, Inc.

PGP/GPG Fingerprint: 7888 47FD D55C 80E6 73BA  B666 EBA2 E2FE 5DE2 B4AB

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-incidents