Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Real-world attacks on sendmail CA-2003-07 seen

From: jlewis () lewis org
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 22:31:41 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Bennett Todd wrote:

We logged received msgs that triggered the truncator code this
morning at about 3 in the morning, US/Eastern; three different
attacks spread over two different MX hosts.

I've seen several of these too.  Were yours from the same or similar
hosts, or all from different sources?

 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |

<Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
Take back your personal time.
15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
<A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure";> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>