Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: sending out spam through IRC server ?

From: "Robert" <epic () surrealideas com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:52:32 -0700

I have run UnrealIRCD for 3 years now,  and I am not aware of any way
that it can be used to spam,  I do know that services packages like
Epona and the like can be configured to email new members at the email
address they provide.  I guess it is possible that someone could abuse
this, however I see no way for a spammer to use that as a means to get
any message out besides the standard nickserv request.

Robert.