Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Dead Thread: California State Bill SB1386

From: "Steve Zenone" <zenone () cats ucsc edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:06:07 -0800

Hello,

I would like to thank all of you who have replied on the subject
regarding what is considered "encryption" per California's SB1386;
both publicly on this list and privately.

Ultimately, it does appear that we're going to have to "wait and
see" until the time that the definition for encryption will need
to be spelled out -- probably in a court case as many have suggested.

At this time, I agree that this particular thread has hit its end of
life. Again, many thanks to all!

Regards,
Steve

Powerful Anti-Spam Management and More...
SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfihl1