Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: The Return of Code Red II?

From: Roger Thompson <rthompson111 () sprintpcs com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:02:43 -0500

At 11:24 AM 3/11/2003 -0600, you wrote:

Is anyone else seeing traffic generated by Code Red II. I thought it wasn't supposed to propagate after 10/01? Unfortunately I don't have the whole string but here is the RealSecure Event.

Yeah. It's two bytes different. The two bytes control the 'stop' year. This one won't ever stop, although it will still take a vacation from October to December each year. I'm calling it CodeRed.F.

See... www.wormwatch.org

Roger

Regards

Roger Thompson
Technical Director of Malicious Code Research
TruSecure Corporation
www.trusecure.com
www.wormwatch.org

<Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
Take back your personal time.
15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
<A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure";> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>