Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: A question for the list...

From: "morning_wood" <se_cur_ity () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 18:55:46 -0700

<snip, comments below>
You're missing a critical problem here; evidence.  Collecting evidence
from
foreign companies (the biggest spammer may be American, but he uses
foreign
servers and ISPs) is a lot harder than it is from companies based
here.

 Exactly what do you mean by "evidence" ? The use indicates a "collection of
facts for legal purposes" What for? Why? I am generally failing to see
anything that cam be prosecuted against by sending "buy this" mail. I
suppose I will try to sue "Joes Market" and the U.S.P.S for all their
unsolicited "special offers " and "sales"... or is that not the same
somehow?

morning_wood
http://exploitlabs.com