Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Firewall logging port 6346

From: "Vestal, David" <dk_vestal () seznam cz>
Date: 29 Jan 2003 22:02:38 -0600

Since you are using a modem and dynamic IP to connect, this is just the
gnutella network trying to connect to someone else that had your IP
before you.

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 12:21, Jos Kirps|EducDesign wrote:

I know that this is the standard port for Gnutella (it also
says gnutella-svc), but I would like to know if this is just
a server trying to connect to the wrong machine (I'm using
a modem to connect to the internet, dynamic IP, maybe
someone was communicating with 131.114.2.90 before
I connected using this IP?), or could this be some malware?

--
after i do this...
how long will i have to be gone?