Security Incidents mailing list archives

MS SQL server worm logs question

From: "Ian O'Brien" <iob () xilinx com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 01:08:57 -0800

So, after cleaning up the mess does anyone know if there are any logs of any kind typically left behind on the actual machines themselves. I'm trying to see if I can piece together the actual path taken for the original infection.

I had a very quick look at a patched / rebooted machine this evening but didn't se anything obvious in the event viewer. Are there logfiles kept in any standard places for MSDE and MS SQL Server?

ian
--

Ian O'Brien    - Xilinx Network Security Engineer
    -=-        = Pager 408-696-2182 -=- Phone 408-879-5206

For more information on this free incident handling, management and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com