Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Packet from port 80 with spoofed microsoft.com ip

From: Pat Wilson <paw () noh ucsd edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:42:01 -0800

Hmm.  One of the writeups on Netspree says that it connects to an
IRC channel on "master.leet-gamer.net" which now reverses to
127.0.0.1.  Anyone know what its address was before someone was
"helpful"?  Apparently the address is hardcoded in the worm
someplace, but I don't have a copy to play with (yet).

Thanks.

Pat Wilson
Network Security Manager
UCSD ACS/Network Operations
paw () ucsd edu
6F3A AE75 F931 3A19 D207 19F3 DB9B 29DC 2C3F E015

"Larsen, Colin" <colin.larsen () nz unisys com> writes:

 Looks like the Netspree worm. We had it infect 3 or 4 PCs yesterday. It
 floods the network with broadcast packets on port 80 with spoofed source
 IPs.

 Cheers - Colin.