Security Incidents mailing list archives

Fw: services.exe file

From: "dano" <dan () thejamzone com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:31:24 -0800

Here's a link to the zipped copy of the services.exe file that I found on my
system
for anyone that would like to check it out:

http://www.thejamzone.com/services/services.zip

Within in XP, I can NOT uncheck the hidden attribute that is set although I
can unhide in DOS. After unhiding it, I ran f-prot and it did say that it
was a "security risk" or backdoor program. It came to my attention after
running a netstat and constantly seeing connections being made to the two
outside hosts. I then installed a personal firewall and found out exactly
what application was doing it (should have done this a long time ago).

Dan