Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: [0.5OT answer]possible rootkit, maybe partial?

From: nobody <nobody () warmongers us>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 06:55:14 -0600

Not exactly an answer you would expect, and probably not applicable in your
case (where I think you really have an issue), but something you may want to
consider when assuming things based on words found in some packages: in the
/usr/src/linux directory do this:

root@my_box#  find . -type f -print |xargs grep -i 'fuck'

and see what you can find. You can then replace the word above with others,
similarly colorful, and you'll see how imaginative the Linux developers could
be ;)

Stef