Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: POP3 logon attempts

From: Mike <myname17 () bellsouth net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:40:07 -0500

I got hit with a similar (maybe the same, I'm not at work) list about a month
ago.  Based on the IP, they came from China.

Mike

On Monday 31 March 2003 07:11 am, Tom Fischer wrote:
Hi,
some of our POP3 servers got DoSed cause of massive password probes
against following accounts:

admin
backup
data
master
oracle
root
server
sybase
test
user
web
webmaster

Does someone know a tool which will brute force these accounts?

Powerful Anti-Spam Management and More...
SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-incidents