Security Incidents mailing list archives

VS: slapper worm varient "cinik"

From: "Toni Heinonen" <Toni.Heinonen () teleware fi>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:25:36 +0300

Well, actually, I do believe the whole p2p network has some sort of password arrangement so only the intended sources
can control it. However, that password has already been reverse-engineered from the binaries by many parties, I have
heard. So no, you don't even have to spoof your address, all you have to do is get that password from the binaries...

--
Toni Heinonen, Teleware Oy
  Wireless +358 (40) 836 1815