Security Incidents mailing list archives

slapper worm varient "cinik"

From: "James P. Kinney III" <jkinney () localnetsolutions com>
Date: 24 Sep 2002 19:02:01 -0400

I was attacked by a variant of the slapper worm called "cinik". I got
lucky and caught the intruder in the act and managed to get the source
code before it was removed and I shut him out.

Apparently the intruder got rather upset I spoiled his fun and about 15
minutes after I shut him out, I was a victim of a udp-based DOS attack.

I have the source code and binaries and some intruder data if you are
interested. I tried to send it earlier, but the message size exceeded
your limit.
--

<jkinney () localnetsolutions com>