Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Strange Folder

From: discipulus <rootman22 () attbi com>
Date: 06 Oct 2002 08:04:20 -0600

Thanks Robbert,

I think I need to clarify some things.

I know the name the folder had previously been
the name of the perpetrators login because I see
evidence of this in the "USER.DAT" file located at
the root of this folder.  I have no idea why the
folder didn't retain it's original name.

I need to identify the method used to access my PC.

I need to identify what the perpetrator had access to
when they logged onto my PC.

I need to discern whether or not this access was authorized
or intended for malicious purposes.

In other words, I need to get all my ducks in a row
before making any accusations.

Thanks