Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: slapper changed to udp 1812?

From: Burak DAYIOGLU <dayioglu () metu edu tr>
Date: 03 Oct 2002 10:28:32 +0300

Hi,
I have one customer site running this cinik UDP flooding
code. Although we have stopped cinik and secured the machine,
peers of this DDoS agent still try to send packets to UDP/1812
which fills up all the available Internet bandwidth (Even after some two
hours peers are still trying to communicate).

We have contacted the ISP and stopped all incoming and outgoing
UDP/1812 traffic which solved the trouble.

I have quickly scanned the source and was unable to locate the
connection timeout parameter; anyone have any idea?

thanks,
-bd