Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Slapper worm "ink" instead of "cinik" (Re: slapper worm varient "cinik")

From: Jose Nazario <jose () monkey org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:33:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, GiulioMaria Fontana wrote:

I found in a server in my subnet some sources of that worm (.cinik.go)
but I even found an .ink.go
Both are script shell but they differs in the use of the name "ink"
instead of "cinik" and in the address mail to which the informations are
sent. What should I do with that mail address?

contact the domain contacts for that domain, ie security@ and abuse@, with
the information that the email inbox is being used for malicious purposes
(specifically compromise notification).

jose nazario, ph.d.                     jose () monkey org
                                        http://www.monkey.org/~jose/