Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Help me identify this IIS DoS attack

From: "Alex Boge" <alexb () callitechnic com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:31:53 -0400

Hi:

Well, according to my TCP monitor they do not appear to be coming from
within the box. This box is regularly scanned against virus infection
but obviously something could have slipped in under the radar. HOWEVER,
something you wrote is got me thinking. Our previous provider had the
router setup to block all port 137, 138, 139 traffic in both directions
- this provider does not have these ports blocked. I'm going to do this
and see what happens.

THANKS!
Alex