Security Incidents mailing list archives

Port 137 probes

From: Bubsy <pizzapowered () yahoo com>
Date: 1 Oct 2002 06:11:42 -0000

After I saw that you guys were getting more port 137's than usual, I
looked at my logs. I found that I was also getting far more port 137's
than usual :) so I took a break from what I was doing to see what was up.
The remote port was almost always 1025, and the suspect only sent one
attempt each time. I did the 10 second look on a suspect machine with an
open share and found scrsvr.exe , which I believe to be the culprit, it
seems so cut and dried that I'm not even gonna sandbox it. Read more here -

http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99729

Well, there ya go, comes to life ~the 28th, bang boom zoom.

All good things to all good people!