Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: WinXP integrated packet filtering

From: "Maxime Ducharme" <maxime () pandore-design com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:18:29 -0400

Hi again,
    thanks all for quick answer !

Mister "admin" here is true, i'm currently using PPPoE link.

I was wondering why XP was letting a port trought even
when i said 'no you don't.

netstat -ano & fport didnt find anything on this port on the
XP system, if anyone have any idea of what is on this
port plz lemme know.

Maybe something is listening directly on the PPPoE modem,
i think the product's name is "SpeedVista" (I say i think since
i'm not on this computer right now).

I'll try to find something tonight, i'll let you know if I find
anything.

Thanks again to all !

  Maxime Ducharme
  Administrateur reseau, Programmeur