Security Incidents mailing list archives

New scanner?

From: Jeremy <prrthd25 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:29:57 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

  My snort box picked this up yesterday fron two
different source ip's and I was wondering if anyone
had seen this pattern before. Both times snort logged
718 alerts consisting of the following:

1 instances of WEB-IIS multiple decode attempt
1 instances of FTP invalid MODE
1 instances of WEB-MISC http directory traversal
2 instances of WEB-IIS scripts access
2 instances of (spp_portscan2) Portscan detected
3 instances of WEB-IIS Unicode2.pl script (File
permission canonicalization)
6 instances of POLICY FTP anonymous login attempt
17 instances of WEB-IIS CodeRed v2 root.exe access
685 instances of WEB-IIS cmd.exe access

This may have been around awhile but its the first
time I've seen it, so I figured I would ask. If this
is something new I do have packets captures from all
the alerts.

Thanks,
  Jeremy