Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Port UDP 3049

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:39:19 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 Paulo.Sedrez () weavers com br wrote:

3049 is the CFS - Cryptografic File System - service port. Those scans are
probably probing for some weak - or absent - password for a file system.

What I'm looking at is a virus that was posted to vuln-dev last week:
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/82/259719

I realize that 3049 is used for CFS, but what I'm looking for is a
specially-formatted UDP packet that is designed to send commands to the
backdoor this virus installs.

                                                Ryan