Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: DSL Modem or Router Cracked?

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:34:49 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Klepinger, Aaron wrote:

Looks like the logging on my router (192.168.1.1) is broadcasting to
192.168.1.255 using SNMP and also for some reason UPnP is sending out
packets.  I'll make sure to disable those and also just check the general
configuration of my 192.168.1.2 box.

If you're interested in seeing what the SNMP traps are (which may actually
help tell you what traffic is hitting you), you might check out:
http://www.linklogger.com/

                                        Ryan