Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Am i compromised?

From: Sergey Latkin <slatkin () phg com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:10:59 -0400

Hi Paul

Seen this before. It was bad memory chip.
Let's see:
0x79 -> 0x09
0x61 -> 0x71
0x65 -> 0x35 ...
some memory bank has 4 upper bits bad somewhere, it seems.

On 26 June 2002 08:41, Paul Gear wrote:
Hi everyone,

[snip[
< __strcp       _smqll
---

__strcpy_small

2388c2388
< ifmfre5nameindex
---

if_freenameindex

[snip]

I'm starting to think this is something like bad RAM or a motherboard
problem (it's a fairly old machine).  I have the disk mirrored using
Linux software RAID, so i would have thought a problem on one of the
disks would have been picked up.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net

- This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service.

--
Sergey Latkin
Chief Technology Officer