Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: URGENT! gamespy download infected with Nimda

From: Karen Cobb <cobby () exchange gamespy com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:02:30 -0700

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for alerting us to the possible presence of a virus in the GameSpy Arcade Installer.  We verified that the
GameSpy Arcade Installer did indeed contain the W32.Nimda.E@mm virus shortly after receiving your e-mail.  The infected
file was immediately replaced with a virus-free version of the installer.

Your computer may be at risk of infection.  Fortunately, the virus maybe easily removed by using this free tool from
Symantec:

http://www.networkingfiles.com/AntiVirus/w32e.htm

We thank you for your help in alerting us to this problem and hope that you enjoy using GameSpy Arcade.

Karen "Cobby" Cobb
Customer Service Manager
GameSpy Industries
karen () gamespy com