Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: backdoor

From: steveg <steveg () stevegcentral com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 01:09:41 -0700 (PDT)

I am not a Sun expert by any means but this doesn't look like a compromise
to me ..

1. %nmap foo
898/tcp    open        unknown

Standard port for the SUN Management Console server.

3. %netstat
30001303a88 stream-ord 3000108acd8 00000000
/tmp/smc898/cmdsock

This is the directory that smc uses to store PID etc... (check you should
have a boot.pid file in there.)

4. % /usr/local/bin/lsof -U
java    436 root   25u  unix 105,25      0t0 35169
/devices/pseudo/tl@0:ticots->
/tmp/smc898/cmdsock (0x30001303a88)
(Vnode=0x3000108acd8)

Again I think that's pretty standard for SUN services being "tied" to
pseudo devices.

Ok, What's happening?, I am very confused, the inode
number fsol show points to a direcroty and a character
device. How can i stop
 that listening binary?

this is a service that should be started by smcboot check your /etc/rc#.d/
directory (which ever runlvl you are in).

of course if this is not a sun box then this is a little odd indeed...
again not an expert with sun but this looks like a normal sun service.