Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: PHP exploit (Was Re: Wave of Nimda-like hits this morning?)

From: Chris Adams <chris () improbable org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:14:08 -0800

On Wednesday, February 27, 2002, at 10:32 , Tina Bird wrote:
Presumably these are based on the info in the
exploit, and  not on actual successful compromises?

That's my guess - I'm not sure as I haven't verified this myself due to time constraints. There's a little discussion about a form upload vulnerability and a single hit for "exploit" at bugs.php.net. From what I found in the PHP newsgroups, it looks like setting file_uploads=0 in your php.ini file blocks this.

Chris