Security Incidents mailing list archives

DoS attack

From: "Jason Robertson" <jason () ifuture com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:33:00 -0500

I just thought I would let everyone else know about this

We have been receiving, over the past 2 days UDP DoS against our
network, though I have had this blocked upstream, and now the x.x.x.28
is now null routed, it has not stopped with the UDPs actually the
upstream has found more sources now since then.

Anyways, the current stats from the section of the logs that I have,
give me > 205000 packets between 15:56 and 18:40, though this has
continued since then, so it's probably in the millions by now or worse.

Feb 17  15:56:14        216.18.48.122   42: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list e-inbound
denied udp 194.47.153.20(1249) -> x.x.x.28(113), 122 packets
--
Jason Robertson
Now at the Nation Research Council.