Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Help please

From: "McCammon, Keith" <Keith.McCammon () eadvancemed com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:57:32 -0500

Ryan,

Forgive me for not offering much technical assistance, but...

The single best thing that you can do is unplug the network connection
leading to that box.  Then, if you must know what has happened, make a
full backup of the box and begin your forensic analysis.

To knowingly allow an unauthorized user to attack another network using
one of your hosts is quite irresponsible.

Good day,

Keith