Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: BIND scan from Wanadoo.fr

From: WebMaster () rbfcu org
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:42:09 -0500

I think the better question is, "has anyone ever seen the scans STOP".

wanadoo.fr is notorious for allowing this kind of garbage...

Thanks,
Michael Sorbera
Webmaster
Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

"Never approach a problem with preconceived notions...having a theory is
something different, but having a preconceived notion means that you're not
necessarily going to look for data...you're going to look for data that
supports your assumption."

                    Gary Baribault
                    <gary@baribaul       To:     incidents () securityfocus com
                    t.net>               cc:
                                         Subject:     BIND scan from Wanadoo.fr
                    08/15/2002
                    07:23 PM

I am used to seeing those idiots scanning for FTP and I have them all
blocked in and out with out logged .. Recently I say a big jump in OUTPUT
REJECTs and when I investigated I found 62.155/11 scanning for BIND .. I
also recently noticed them scanning for HTTP. Anyone seen this as well?

Gary Baribault
gary () baribault net