Security Incidents mailing list archives

RPC scans

From: Jonathan Rickman <jonathan () xcorps net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:11:10 -0400 (EDT)

Business is starting to pick up here in my little corner of the net. 111
has been the favorite target for passing scanners for the last 4 hours now
and the frequency seems to be increasing. Interestingly enough, most of
the IP addresses is a dshield repeat offender for RPC scans. Out of 139
individual hosts, so far all but two have been in China. One was good old
.kr and another was an Aussie. Am I alone here, or is something
coordinated/distributed going on?

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security