Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Strange pings from akamai?

From: Christian Vogel <chris () obelix hedonism cx>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:58:58 +0200

Hi,

Now I know they do lots of click-thru and banner ads, but is Akamai now
starting to keep tabs on our online time?  or something more sinister?

akamai uses ICMP-Echo-Request to optimize their load-balancing
web-server-network.

See http://www.incidents.org/archives/intrusions/msg02752.html

--
And God said, "Let there be vodka!"  And He saw that it was good. Then God
said, "Let there be light!" And then He said, "Whoa - too much light."