Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: strange UDP 5400 traffic

From: "Maarten Hartsuijker" <maarten () hartsuijker com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 10:37:44 +0200

Thanks, however, the game was not present on that system. I have searched
the net through a couple of search engines, and besides C&C and the
bladerunner trojan, I could not find anything that uses these ports. Still,
there was activity of over 100.000 UDP 5400 packets in just one morning...

maarten

There are some games who uses the UDP port 5400.
For example: "Command and Conquer" is one of those games who uses this
port.

Regards,

Wesley