Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: I think I've been hacked...please help!

From: "KoRe MeLtDoWn" <koremeltdown () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 02:01:12 +0000

I would suggest this is a custom made trojan that is connecting to an irc server when a RAS connection is detected. Try using MSConfig to see if anything unusual is working, also try installing zone alarm for a check at what is accessing the network from that machine - available from www.zonelabs.com If someone is using a trojan it will be picked up using zone alarm even if it is custome made.
Hope my info helps...

Peter Francis

Owner/Operator
-= KoRe WoRkS =- Internet Security