Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Lots and lots of DNS lookups and increased number of /default.ida?XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...s

From: John Conover <conover () rahul net>
Date: 28 Sep 2001 04:43:59 -0000

Many-about 2X to 5X as many. Mine are to port 53 TCP, no SYN.

About double to port 80, with SYN.

        John

Fred Cohen writes:
I seem to be seeing very large numbers of DNS lookups and lots of
apparent /default.ida?XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...  lookups from my class
B as of the last hour or so.

Anyone else?

--

John Conover        Tel. 408.370.2688  conover () rahul net
631 Lamont Ct.      Fax. 408.379.9602  http://www.johncon.com/